As Baby Boomers begin to feel better, look better and have more energy it is natural that they want to do more, go places, see things they have never seen before and this is where travel fits nicely.
No challenge is too daring for a baby boomer and if you think this is crazy then you had better buckle your seat belt because the travel ride with a baby boomer could get bumpy. Doing things the traditional way is left for their parents. They want to rock and roll.
Travel and vacations are not viewed as luxuries any longer but more as a needed therapeutic rest period. Research has shown that Baby Boomers spend over $150 billion a year on travel and on average take 3 trips each year. The boomers want to experience new things not shop for a tee-shirt or mug to bring home for the kids.
Let us begin to travel by thinking “Top 5 Made in the USA”. Keeping travel to the United States is often the easiest way for baby boomers to get going. Some of the most interesting trips would be:
- Travel Route 66 – For the most part this iconic road is still drive-able and boomers will see scenic vistas that are sure to please everyone. A variation of this would be to rent an RV and camp out along the way.
- Napa Valley, California – Located in northern California Napa Valley is one of the top choices for a lot of boomers. Most opt for that scenic drive north along Route 1 and envision themselves as movie stars along the way. Travel on the west coast fills a lot of bucket list entries.
- Key West, Florida – Moving to the opposite side of the country the Florida Keys offer something for everyone. Water sports, boating, fishing, nature preserves and don’t forget to give Duval Street in Key West is a happening place and who knows you might even see Jimmy Buffett there.
- Yellowstone National Park – Located in a couple different western states this park is sure to please the “back to nature” boomers travel itch. It has bison for animal lovers, it has geysers like Old Faithful and it even has winter trips on snowmobiles if that is your thing.
- Anywhere Hawaii – Tropical breezes and swaying palm trees await you. Everywhere you look you can find new things to delight your senses – volcanoes, lava rock, beach, Diamond Head, surfing, pineapples and who could forget the flowers?
We are not done here. This is just to wet your whistle. The United States has as many different places to travel to as we have baby boomers and our goal is to tell you about them all in a lot more detail. If you have found a great place that other boomers would enjoy leave a comment so we can all visit.
Travel and vacations are just the best use of a baby boomers time so what are you waiting for? Time to dust off the suitcase and get your motor running. Time to enjoy the out of doors and then time to share your experiences with other baby boomers by joining us at Boomers Voices. Let us know where you have visited and your secret tips for a great travel itinerary.
Wild Daily Doses of “Boomers Magic” accepted here!