All natural weight loss to most Baby Boomers is just something they haven’t thought about. Yes, they know that they need to lose a few pounds but for some reason the Baby Boomer generation is quick to purchase a “magic” pill to melt the pounds away and usually they want it to happen within a week. Unfortunately natural weight loss will prove to be a far better selection but before we go there we really need to understand a couple reasons the boomers gained the weight in the first place.
Let’s start with why Baby Boomers gain weight
The answer to ‘why the weight gain’ is pretty simple. Baby Boomers bad eating habits combined with little to no physical activities have led to excessively rising weight issues. Recent society trends have labeled those who try living a healthy lifestyle as ‘fitness freaks’ or sometimes even ‘boring’. But what most Baby Boomers fail to understand is that once their weight is gained, losing the weight can become very difficult. It can also lead to a lot of unwanted medical conditions like heart problems, diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, liver and kidney disease, osteoarthritis and many more. It should also be noted that even all natural weight loss will not work, until and unless you know the reason behind your weight gain. Here are some surprising reasons why you may have acquired the extra fat:
1. Stress or Depression
Not only are stress and depression a hazard for your mental health, they are just as much a problem for your physical health. Research shows that more and more people are gaining weight due to rising stress and depression. When a person gets stressed out, a chemical called Cortisol is released in the body. This is the ‘stress hormone’ that increases a persons appetite. Depression similarly makes people seek their favorite comfort foods, like sugary or unhealthy delights that will cause rapid weight gain. Until a Baby Boomer gets the stress or depression under control their natural weight loss efforts will be challenging.
2. Sleep Issues
The lack of sleep over a short period causes an imbalance of your hormones which in turn triggers your appetite. An additional point that relates to lack of sleep and weight gain is that the chances of indulging in late night snacks are much higher if you are up late or are not able to sleep. It becomes far to easy to sneak to the kitchen for a snack and when we do we vary rarely select a carrot or salad. You know what we are saying don’t you?
It is a fact that there are some medications that can cause a rise in a persons weight further hampering natural weight loss. These include most antidepressants, as well as blood pressure or diabetes pills, anti-inflammatory steroids and even anti-seizure medicines. You might consider talking to your doctor about possibly being able to change your medicines. But even if the doctor does not feel that is possible, the weight gain from the medications should be temporary and will reduce when you stop taking the prescription drugs.
4. Thyroid Problems
Hypothyroidism is one of the most common medical conditions that causes weight gain. This occurs when your thyroid is not producing enough hormones, which then decreases the rate of metabolism. Metabolism is what burns the calories in your body and is very important to natural weight loss. This condition is sometimes controlled through medication, which in this case would help in reducing weight.
What is the weight gain solution?
Baby Boomers are in luck. There are many fast natural weight loss solutions available. If a medical condition is the reason for your weight gain then you need to seek a medical doctor but if it turns out to be issues such as stress or poor eating habits, then these you can control yourself and work out without professional help.
First begin by forming an all natural weight loss plan and stick to it so that you may achieve your intended goal. Don’t make the goal so high that failure will be the result. Start off slow and build on those stepping stones. Today a Boomer can find diets, weight loss programs and even all natural weight loss supplements that can speed up the process of your weight loss. We will touch lightly on some of them below. The one important thing to remember is just make sure you go for all organic weight loss options so that there are no harmful side effects.
Weight Loss Programs
When you decide to choose an all natural weight loss program, make sure it has two things;:
1. That it is completely safe. This means that it should not deprive your body of any essential nutrients on a daily basis. It should be low-calorie not low on vitamins, proteins or minerals.
2. It should aim at a slow yet steady weight loss. Programs that promise rapid weight loss usually result in gaining the weight back just as rapidly.
Whether you choose home-made or a commercial natural weight loss plan, select one that matches the specific needs of your Baby Boomer body. You don’t want to over-exert yourself or worse feel too pressured with the plan because it will be difficult to maintain.
Choose a weight loss plan that encourages you into continuing until the very end, instead of allowing you to get tired and give up in the middle. A great weight loss program will be one that combines both healthy eating and a fitness exercise routine side by side. All natural weight loss takes time which can challenge a Baby Boomer, but it will work wonders. Just begin to show a little patience and allow the program time to work instead of losing hope on losing weight naturally.
Weight Loss Supplements
Okay Baby Boomer we know what you are thinking… you need a little extra help to get things going and natural weight loss was not what you thought of in the beginning. There are currently many weight loss supplements available in the market all you have to do is watch TV to see them, or pick up a magazine. Marketing diet supplements has become a huge business and often preys on that unsuspecting baby boomer generation.
Always choose an all natural weight loss supplement when thinking of this solution to help. They are safe and have no side effects. Some of the most commonly used natural weight loss supplements are:
- Garcinia Camboogia: This has been gaining a lot of popularity after Dr. Oz hailed it as the ‘holy grail of weight loss’. The extracts work by reducing hunger pangs, increasing the metabolic rate and cutting down on belly fat. Since it comes from a fruit, it is one of the most natural and safest products to use.
- Green Tea: Used since time began, green tea is an antioxidant that while it cleanses the skin it also increases a persons metabolism. It is again very safe to use and causes very few side effects in most people.
- Hydroxycitric Acid or HCA: It is a form of salt which is taken from the rind of Brindal Berry and Garcinia Cambodia. It has been show to help by reducing fat absorption, reduces hunger pangs and increases a persons metabolic rate.
- Glucomannan: Considered to be a remedy for obesity, it consists of a fiber that is obtained from the Asian plant known as Konjac. On top of its weight loss benefits, it also controls blood sugar and works wonders for people with diabetes.
Weight Loss Diets
Our overweight society of Baby Boomers has given rise to thousands of weight loss diets. Since the huge increase in the popularity of weight loss, there has also been a rise in the variety of diet plans to combat weight gain. Some work, others don’t it is as simple as that. Some are safe while others can have extreme side effects. When you begin to think of trying a diet, just make sure that you opt for a natural diet plan for weight loss. There are many types of diets out there that you can follow and even combine a couple to give you the weight loss benefits you need. The diets today basically follow one of the following patterns:
- Low-fat diets: these aim at reducing the amount of fats inside the body. This is done by simply reducing the intake of calories. A lot of the boomer generation can find this a difficult choice and hard to continue.
- Juicing: blending fresh, raw vegetables and fruit into a smoothie or a drink. One of the quickest ways to ensure the vitamins and minerals get into your system. The faster it enters equals the quicker the healing benefits begin to work.
- Low-carbohydrate diets: these diets work by increasing the consumption of proteins and fats. Some of these diets restrict the intake of carbohydrates.
- Low-calorie diets: Low-calorie diets reduce the amount of calories to 500-1000 calories a day. They work over a period of 3-12 weeks. Another tough diet that takes a great deal of will power.
- Very low-calorie diets: They act by reducing the calories to 200-800 calories per day, with least amounts of fat and carbohydrates but high amounts of proteins. Although still called a diet we suggest a simpler approach with your natural weight loss.
- Detox diets: Detox diets work by reducing the body of toxins with the aid of herbs, vegetables and fruits, homeopathic remedies etc. Although initially a good diet they can be difficult to maintain for any length of time.
Baby Boomers have never shied away from weight loss but most do not have any idea how to go about getting started with a program. Sometimes the simplest things can be the best when it comes to results. Physicians have known for decades that eating a simple, fresh made meal is the best way to lose weight and keep it off.
Begin by just simply increasing the amount of vegetables you eat. No not the canned variety. Select fresh vegetables at the grocery store and begin by cooking those along with a more modest size portion of meat accompanied by a salad. Most grocery stores today pre-make salads for convenience. You will be pleasantly surprised at just how much better you will begin to feel by doing just this. Don’t give up on your natural weight loss plan. Stick to it. Eat healthier and then you will soon find that natural weight loss is not needed in your Baby Boomer lifestyle.
See, Taking “Boomers Magic” Daily… Works!